The Importance of Insurance

The Importance of Insurance

5 Things To Know About Medicare Part B

Katrina Terry

When it comes to getting on Medicare, you need to understand all the different types of coverage that you can sign up for. With Medicare, there are four parts, labeled Parts A, B, C, & D, as well as a Medigap plan. You need to understand what Medicare covers and the amount of coverage that it provides.  

Covers Doctor's Visits

Medicare covers your regular doctor's visits. It will cover you seeing your regular primary care physician. It will also cover you seeing any specialist or any other medical care provider that you need to see outside of a hospital setting. It will cover things such as seeing a foot doctor when you injure your foot, or seeing a heart specialist when you are having heart issues.  

Covers Physical Therapy

Next, Medicare Part B covers physical therapy for a certain amount of time. If you suffer from a heart attack, and you need to recover from your heart attack, Medicare Part B will provide you with the coverage to help you get back on your feet. It will cover physical therapy that is necessary for any medical condition that you have. 

Covers Lab Tests

Medicare Part B covers any lab tests that you need in order to get adequate medical care. For example, if you need to get an X-ray or a CT scan, or you just need a blood test, your Medicare Part B insurance will cover the fees and costs for all labs and tests that are a necessary part of your medical care and are not considered experimental by the insurance company.  

Covers Chiropractic Care

Medicare Part B now covers chiropractic care in certain situations. Chiropractic care can be used to treat a variety of different conditions. In many cases, your chiropractic care will be covered with this type of medical plan.  

Covers 80% of Costs

Finally, Medicare Part B is designed to cover 80% of the costs of your care. That means that you are responsible for covering the other 20% all of your health care costs. Or, you can get a Medigap or Medicare Advantage plan to cover that 20% so you don't have to cover it out of your own pocket.  

When it comes to getting on Medicare, you need to make sure that you understand all the different elements of your health care plan. You are going to want to get a Medigap plan to cover what your Part B coverage doesn't take care of.  


Share

2019© The Importance of Insurance
About Me
The Importance of Insurance

When you start thinking about getting insurance, it can be overwhelming to hear the advice from family and friends. While some people might encourage you to stockpile money and insure yourself, others might warn about the expense of paying for car repairs or a stay in the hospital. However, even the most conservative financial experts talk about the importance of having sound insurance. Because it can be difficult to find the right policies, I decided to create a website completely dedicated to providing free information about insurance. Every situation is different, but if you are like most people, you will need a decent homeowners, medical, auto, and life insurance policy to protect you from unforeseen circumstances.

Tags